background

Friday, February 10, 2012

Baby Overboard

D climbed out of his crib yesterday.  Oh horrible mom that I am!  I nursed him and,thankfully, he was fine.   A post traumatic coffee break ensued.   Somehow I  had a feeling something like this would happen, that D would climb out of the crib.  I had actually talked to my husband about it, but we just brushed it off.  There are a few things that could have prevented this: co-sleeping, or a montesori style floor bed.  But for now R just lowered the crib even more.

 I love the idea of cosleeping, but we have tried it a few times, and  D just likes his space.  In a full size bed  none of us were getting any sleep.  So, I put him to sleep at the breast in our rocking chair, and then put him in his crib.  He wakes now only at 4 or 5am (a huge improvement to every 2 hours for most of the first year, more on that later) and we sometimes bring him into bed with us then.   It is so very cozy.  I am now leaning to losing the crib completely and putting the mattress on the floor.

My favorite floor bed image on the web:

http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/2009/10/its-the-little-things.html

No comments:

Post a Comment